Monday 19 September 2011

Thing 14: Zotero/Mendeley/citeulike

I'm in between portfolio building and felt I really wanted to have a look at CPD23 again before I start to get behind.  I have learned so much from these activities so far, it's such a great initiative.  Just been looking at the tools for referencing.  It is excellent that these exist now, I've had a look at all three and will be looking at them in greater detail.  I particularly like Zotero due to the fact that it sits in the web browser.  This is really convenient and useful as it is always readily available.  I like the idea of being able to annotate with Mendeley.  I have seen something useful being demonstrated at the London Book Fair, which the Bodleian Library were trialling which has similar features in terms of providing references and provides the annotating facilities.  I can't remember its actual name now but all these things will really help scholarly activity in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment