Monday 29 August 2011

Thing 13 - Google Docs, Wikis and Dropbox

I often work at home and either print a document off or if I need it at work email it to myself.  This doesn't always work as the format often changes.  Google Docs, Wikis and Dropbox will all help me to access my work from wherever I am.  I don't very often work on shared projects, but there have been occasions.  We have saved the work in shared documents at work.  The problem with this though is if I want to continue at home, I can't access the document easily.  Thing 13 has provided the solution to this.  We don't have to worry about saving the document in shared, it can be saved on any of these three applications.  From watching the really easy to understand video, Wikis looks like the best application for collaborative work.  I will certainly be using Dropbox to save work I do at home which I want to use at work and vice versa.  For documents that I want to share, I think either Dropbox or Google Docs look best as it looks easy to set up who can share.  How I have understood these applications, Wikis is best for actual collaborative work, whereas the other two are good for accessing documents from different locations by using log-ins, and are good for sharing information with others, which can be added to or edited. 

No comments:

Post a Comment